We will be learning to:
- Group and sort living things.
- Generate questions.
- Use a key to identify vertebrates.
- Create a classification key.
- Recognise positive and negative changes to the local environment and record my observations.
- Describe environmental dangers to endangered species and present my findings.
On Friday 24th May, Cathy from West Cumbria Rivers Trust came in to talk to us about habitats in our rivers and how we can help them. We found locations of local rivers, becks and lakes on a map. We then play a game using keys to identify living things that live around the river habitats. Next, we sorted cards out into things that are good and bad for rivers and then we did an experiment to see the effects of pollution on rivers. To finish some of us drew pictures of habitats using inspiration from a book and designed posters to help protect river habitats.