We will be learning and investigating the following:
- Researching Melting Points
- LO: I can research the melting and boiling points of different materials. (4C2, LKS2W6)
- Solids, Liquids & Gases
- LO: I can group substances according to whether they are solids, liquids or gases. (4C1)
- Changing States
- LO: I can explain how materials change states. (4C2)
- Investigating Melting Points
- LO: I can investigate the melting points of different materials. (4C2, LKS2W3, LKS2W5)
- Thermal insulators
- LO: I can investigate how effective different materials are as thermal insulators. (4C2, LKSW1, LKS2W2, LKS2W3)
- The Water Cycle
- LO: I can explain the water cycle. (4C3)
- Making a Solar Still
- LO: I can make a solar still and explain how it works. (4C3)
- Investigating Evaporation Rates
- LO: I can investigate how temperature affects evaporation rates. (4C3, LKS2W3, LKS2W5, LKS2W8)
Before setting up the experiment, we predicted what we thought the melting points of Butter, Ice and Chocolate were.
After that, we set up the experiment as show in the pictur above.
We then observed what temperature the different materials melted at and recorded them in our books in a table.
Afterwards, we discussed how accurate our predictions were and what we could do to improve the experiment or improve our results.